How to rename workbook in Excel?
This tutorial introduces handy tips for renaming workbook when you are using Microsoft Excel. This tutorial is applicable for Microsoft Excel 2003, 2007, and 2010.
When you are using Microsoft Excel 2003, 2007 and 2010, you can:
1. Press CTRL+O to display the Open dialog box.
2. In the Look in list, click the folder or drive that contains the workbook that you want to rename.
3. Locate and open the folder that contains the workbook that you want to rename.
4. Right-click the workbook that you want to rename, and then click Rename.
5. Type in the new workbook name, and press Enter.
Note: If the workbook you want to rename has been opened in Excel, you have to close it first for renaming it.
If you want to rename the current workbook in Excel, you can rename it in the Save as dialog box.
In Excel 2007: click Office icon > Save as, type in the new workbook name and save it.
In Excel 2003/2010: Click File > Save as, type in the new workbook name and save it.
With Office Tab or Office Tab Enterprise, you can comfortably rename the current workbook by Right click on the workbook tab and choose the Rename command item to rename it easily. See screenshot:
Note: the not yet saved document cannot be renamed by this command.
Use Tabbed Document Interface in Office 2003/2007/2010/2013:
Using tabs in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Project and Visio;
Easy to switch back and forth between files in Microsoft Office 2003/2007/2010/2013;
Compatible with Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 / 8, Windows Server 2003 and 2008, Citrix System and Windows Terminal (Remote Desktop) Server;
Free trial without feature limitation in 30 days!