How to Select All Cells with Data in Selections of Excel?
When data stays in discontinuous cells, how do you select and copy the data? It will waste a lot of time to select all discontinuous cells with data one by one, especially the data stay in nearly random order. The following tricky way will help you select call cells with data in selections quickly.
- Without formula value: Select all cells with data in selection
- With formula value: Select all cells with data in selection
If there is not data calculated with formula, the Go to Special command can help you select all cells with data in selections easily.
- Step 1: Select the range that you will work with.
- Step 2: Press F5 to open the Go to dialog box.
- Step 3: Click the Special button to get into Go To Special dialog box.
- Step 4: Check the Constants option, and click OK button.
Then you will see all cells with contents are selected.
Note: This way is not able to select cells with formulas.
If you have cells filled with formula, you can select all cells with data in selection with following steps:
Step 1: Select the range that you will work with.
Step 2: Press the F5 key to open Go to dialog, and click Special to open Go to Special dialog box, check Blank option, and click the OK button.
Then it selects all blank cells in the selection as following screen shot shows:
Step 3: Click the Kutools >> Select Tools >> Select Range Helper….
Step 4: In the Select Range Helper dialog box, check the Inverse Selection option.
Step 5: Reselect the original range that you selected in Step 1. Then you will see all data with content in the selection are selected at once.
Kutools for Excel includes more than 100 handy Excel tools. Free to try with no limitation in 30 days. Get it Now.